Friday, September 11, 2015

WHICH WAY?


Aren't we all just trying to find our way? Like children who got lost on the way home from school we feel alone and afraid. We don't know who to trust. The stranger we ask for directions could be the boogeyman! All seems lost!!! This poem brings forth some of the themes from my search for my path. I hope it may inform your journey!


 THE WAY

The way is straight and narrow they say
And few there be that walk it
Frost told of two divergent paths
And he could not walk them both

So we all engage the search
Is it this way or is it that?
Fearful – what if a mistake is made?
The thing I seek may elude my search

I have an idea of how it looks
And this idea obscures the way
In uncertainty I trudge onward
When will clarity light my way?

In an unknown and unexpected place
Beauty overwhelms my being
Who knew uncertainty had befriended truth
And wonderful art work they do create

Doubt and fear are lessened now
Unexpected lessons have moved them on
Moving faster into the deep
Trepidation replaced by hope

Maybe my path is the one I walk
The choice it seems did matter little
Lessons learned on any path
Truth revealed at every turn

Earnest walking the only requirement
And a willingness to change and grow
And even if there was a choice
This path seems to suit me well!

No comments:

Post a Comment